White House Witness Wood Rollerball Pen
Designer: GW Pens
- Collectors quality Rhodium and Black Titanium components
- Produced from Mid-Atlantic Heart Pine removed during the reconstructions of 1927 and 1950
- Witness Wood® featured in an collectors quality heirloom pen
- Engraved: The White House and the individual number in the collection
- Made by GW Pens
- Each pen is individually handcrafted and therefore may vary in look and feel
The WHITE HOUSE Pen is part of a Collection created from Witness Wood® acquired by History Salvaged that was removed and made available to the public following the 1927 and the 1950 renovations of the White House, home to every US President since 1800.
In 1927, Calvin Coolidge, tired of the leaky roof, had the attic space expanded into a full third floor by constructing a steel-frame story atop the brick and mortar walls of 1800. According to the Army Corps of Engineers' report, the added weight contributed to the failure of the structure by 1949, prompting our 33rd President, Harry Truman to renovate the entire building, in what has become known as the 1950 Truman Reconstruction.
During both the 1927 and 1950 reconstructions, the US Government sold limited quantities of "mementos" to the public to help support funding of the work. History Salvaged has spent more than 2 years scouring public and private collections, museums and fraternal organizations to acquire enough Witness Wood® to produce this White House Pen Collection, produced from Mid-Atlantic Heart Pine removed during the reconstructions.
Each is individually handmade and each varies in look and feel.
All History Salvaged product is guaranteed authentic and made utilizing the wood describe and in conjunction with our partner clients. Certificate of Authenticity and Custom Tamperproof Hologram