USS Constitution Old Ironsides Witness Wood Ballpoint Pen
Designer: GW Pens
- Custom 3-D designer cast art in a premium Antique Pewter and Antique Brass hardware finish in a Twist Ballpoint
- Created from Witness Wood® acquired by History Salvaged that was removed and made available to the public following the 1927 rebuilding and restoration
- Witness Wood® featured in an heirloom collectors quality pen
- Engraved: USS Constitution "Old Ironsides"
- Limited Edition of 23 numbered pens
- Made by GW Pens
The USS CONSTITUTION Twist Pen is a Limited Edition Collection created from Witness Wood® acquired by History Salvaged that was removed and made available to the public following the 1927 rebuilding and the 1974 restoration that was being done in preparation for America's Bicentennial.
The USS Constitution is arguably the most famous ship in US Naval History. Launched in 1797 she was one of the country's "six original frigates".
The "Constitution" gained immortality during the War of 1812 when she battled and captured His Majesty's Ship Guerriere. It was this defining battle that not only helped legitimize the United States as a Naval Power but also earned the Constitution the nickname "Old Ironsides" as time and again the HMS Guerriere's cannonballs bounced of her thick oak hull.
In June 1927 "Old Ironsides" entered dry dock in the Charlestown Navy Yard for the second time. In 1833 she was the first ever vessel to enter Dry Dock #1, returning in 1927 to begin a 4-year $1 million restoration.
Each is individually handmade and each varies in look and feel.
All History Salvaged product is guaranteed authentic and made utilizing the wood describe and in conjunction with our partner clients.